Rabbit was as common as chicken for dinner back in the 1940s and 50s during the great depression. During the great depression people raised rabbits in their backyards and it got them and their children through. During the second World War there were shortages of meat and rabbit provided relief. It is considered a staple for some people in some parts of the world. It is considered a rare food option for people in the United States.
Sweet and lean and similar to chicken in taste, rabbit is extremely versatile and can be cooked in various ways.
Rabbit has been used and may be suitable for special diets, such as those for heart disease patients, diets for the aged, low sodium diets, weight reduction diets, etc. Of course this is between you and your doctor. We do not make any recommendations of this type because we are not qualified.
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT RABBIT MEAT!
1. It is one of the best white meats available on the market today.
2. It has a high percentage of easily digestible protein.
3. It contains the least amount of fat among all the other available meats.
4. Contains less calorie value.
5. Is almost cholesterol free and therefore